Range Rover has been implementing hybrid powertrains to their flagship models since 2012. Only last year, this company came up with some improved plug-in hybrids for their official roster. For the upcoming year, they are looking to put forward a more impressive roster by including 2018 Range Rover SDV6 Hybrid in it as well.
Even though there has not been much information regarding this new automobile apart from its powertrain features, this 2018 SDV6 Hybrid is looking pretty impressive for existing Range Rover customers all around the world. In addition to that, the company has also reportedly introduced new features that will attract many new customers.
2018 Range Rover SDV6 Hybrid Redesign and Changes
Since Range Rover is primarily trying to improve on its performance specs, it is very likely that most design features of 2018 Range Rover SDV6 Hybrid will reflect its 2017 model. As of yet, there have been slight glimpses through spy shots at what new features might be added.
Certain new features will come with this upcoming 2018 model. Let’s take a look at them:
- A brand new grille design with a honeycomb layout for an improved front fascia design.
- Brand new LED head lights for better visibility and range.
- Refreshed side air intakes with better design and aerodynamics.
- Improved rear fascia with new LED tail lights and modified tailgate.
- Redesigned interiors with more focus on a centralized dashboard design.
- Various technological upgrades with a better infotainment module including a larger multi-info LCD or even TFT screen.
Power Train Features
This is the first bit of information about the 2018 Range Rover SDV6 Hybrid since it was announced just a few weeks ago in November 2016. According to its official report, this 2018 model will incorporate a refreshed variant of its 2017 engine, along with a powerful electric motor for its plug-in counterpart.
A 3.0 LITER V6 cylinder twin-turbo diesel unit will form its primary power train. It can generate around 250 HP of max power as well as 443 lbs. feet of max torque. Along with that, a 35 kW electric motor will be added to increase the power output of a max 354 HP.
Other associated features of its powertrain include:
- 8-speed automatic transmission module.
- A 4 -wheel drivetrain configuration.
- Impressive fuel consumption of 6.4 LITER per 100 km.
- Reduced CO2 emission figures at 169 grammes per km.
Since plug-in hybrid models are becoming increasingly popular, it is no surprise that 2018 Range Rover SDV6 Hybrid will face stiff rivalry in its plug-in SUV category. Here are some franchises that pose serious competitors to this vehicle:
- Lexus RX 450h Sports Luxury Hybrid.
- Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid.
- Nissan Rouge Hybrid.
Price and Release Date
2018 Range Rover SDV6 Hybrid is entering its post-production phase where several utility modules are being tested. So it is safe to assume that it would not be available in the US until mid-2017.
As of its price, the base MSRP stands at $146,900 although several performance packages will be charged extra, along with additional dealership and state-specific charges.